COMBE VIEW - Walney Island

The picture above was taken c1962. Note the height of that 'Slag Bank' in the distance

Combe View is part of the Red Ley Estate that was constructed by the Turner & Norris company between 1959 and 1969. Other streets on this construction were: Foxfield Road, Bankfield Gardens, Kirkby Gardens, Lower Teasdale Road, Silecroft Gardens and Grizbeck Gardens. Originally and prior to any construction the field name/s for the Red Ley Estate site were: Calf Close, Crofts, West North Field and East North Field. The name Red Ley coming from Red Ley Lane to the west of which the site was located.

combe_view_01.jpg (53893 bytes) combe_view_02.jpg (52826 bytes)
1999 2003 2009_01 2009_02 2009_03 2009_04







? Copyright Walney Webs. All rights reserved.