KNOX STREET - Walney Island

Knox Street forms part of the 'Isle of Walney Estates Company' Vickerstown Estate constructed between 1900 and 1904. It takes it's name from the Boer War General Charles Eustace Knox:

   

See also: Vickerstown

Knox Street also was to become home to the Vickerstown Estates first permanent church building, the Church of England 'Parish Hall', which opened its doors during 1902. The Church, as it was informed was reported to be a Coronation gift from the building company of William Gradwell, but evidence supports the fact that Gradwell's firm was paid by both Barrow Council and the Local Shipbuilding Company.

 

 

STREETS ROADS & PATHS

 

 

 

? Copyright Walney Webs. All rights reserved.