THE ROUND HOUSE - Walney Island

Biggar Bank, Walney-Island, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, LA14 3YE, Tel: (01229) 473996

round_house_01.jpg (665276 bytes)    round_house_02.jpg (45130 bytes)

The Roundhouse was a local council attempt at replacing the Pavilion, which was located a little further south than the site occupied at present. The stone that lays to the front (East) side of the Roundhouse toward the top end of Ocean Road at Tummerhill is the original stone that was laid to commemorate the freeing of Biggar Bank and the opening of the 'original 'Pavilion' by John Fell the Mayor of the Borough in 1883, and not the present building as may be thought by many of today's 'passers-by'.






? Copyright Walney Webs. All rights reserved.